Baby Brands Direct are a leading wholesaler of popular award winning baby brands, such as Infantino, a brand committed to 24/7 happy parenting. Infantino offers a range of innovative products across multiple nursery categories including nursery toys, travel slings and gyms and playmats. We were lucky enough to speak with Nivi Bhide, Infantino’s Director of Marketing Europe, to find out a little more about the brand and their products!
1. Can you tell us a bit about Infantino’s history and the inspiration behind the brand?
[Nivi Bhide] At Infantino, we have mums, dads, aunts, uncles, friends and a few grandparents too. All with different parenting insights and all united by a common belief that we can make incredible products (and moments) for you and your little ones. We’re designers, artists, dreamers, thinkers and all around tinkerers with you on our mind. We’ve always put safety first and use harm-free materials in all of our products. We’ve been innovating and inventing for decades, always putting the health and happiness of our little customers above all.
2. Infantino has a wide range of different baby carriers – can you tell us about the key differences between them?
[Nivi Bhide] At Infantino, we believe that babywearing is something that should be an accessible and enjoyable experience for every parent. With that sentiment in mind, we’ve created a whole collection of carriers and wraps that features different fits, fashions and functions. Whether you’re a dad in need of a little extra shoulder support or a mum who enjoys the benefits of a wrap, we have something for the way you carry. Carrying is a very personal thing and with all the different carriers and wraps out there you have many different choices and ways to carry your baby. Much of it will depend on your body size and shape, your baby’s weight and age, the activities you both do together, and the amount of time you’ll typically be wearing. Of course, these are just general suggestions and you should always make sure that your specific carrier is appropriate for the position you choose.
3. What are Infantino’s main values or goals when creating new products?
[Nivi Bhide] Each of us here believes we play a (teeny) role in raising this next generation of good people. It starts with giving parents the right tools for navigating the wildly wonderful, sometimes bumpy road into parenthood. It means we’ve listened to what matters. It means we’ve earned parents’ trust. Our goal is to provide ‘Smartly designed products for happy parenting!’
4. What would you consider to be your brand’s key strengths and selling points? What makes Infantino special?
[Nivi Bhide] We’re big fans of play. And that’s what inspires our toys. We spend a lot of time trying to make them more fun, more engaging and a lot less boring. No one trick ponies. We want to keep them curious and full of smiles. We love babies, we adore kids, we admire their moms and we work hard to create a lot of really cool stuff to keep them happy and help them grow together. We’re Infantino, and happy parents and little ones are what we’re about.
5. For retailers new to your brand, what are some core products that they should stock and why?
[Nivi Bhide] Our top performing categories are Carriers, Sleep and Sensory Toys: Top items are the Flip 4-in-1 Grey, the 3-in-1 Projector mobile and Soothing light & projector and Multi textured Balls/ Balls Blocks & Buddies
6. Is there anything particularly exciting on the horizon for the brand? New products or initiatives?
[Nivi Bhide] After a tough year for the industry, we are delighted to be looking ahead to 2021. It is our mission at Infantino to create smartly designed products that truly support parents in all areas of their parenting journey, from bedtime to playtime, weaning and more. Our core launches for next year are all thoughtfully designed, promising functional yet stylish products at affordable prices. We can’t wait to see the reaction from families across the UK
Tell us a bit about you:
- City break or beach holiday? [Nivi Bhide] I am very much a sun, sea and sand girl 😊
- What was the last movie you saw? [Nivi Bhide] Since it was Christmas recently, my all-time favourite Love Actually was a recent watch with my almost teenage daughter!
- What is your favourite comfort food? [Nivi Bhide] Nothing beats a warm Broccoli and Stilton soup accompanied by fresh bread and butter 😊
Thank you to Nivi for offering insight into Infantino’s brand and goals for this year. Check out the Infantino brand page for the full range of products, as well as more information about the brand.