If you haven’t already heard Disney are celebrating the 90th year anniversary since Mickey’s first T.V. appearance which was on the 18th November 1928. Over the decades he has become and remains a global icon with a genuine universal appeal to people across the ages, genders and cultures across the world. Steamboat Willie was his debut show and over the years there have been subtle changes to his appearance, and this year Disney have been celebrating this with limited edition collector runs. This month being his Birthday month is extra special and gift givers will be likely be even more enthused towards the character. At Baby Brands Direct Mickey and Minnie mouse toys and collector items to bottles and soothers are available at trade price with a quick and reliable dispatch service.
- To date, Mickey Mouse has appeared in more than 120 theatrically-released shorts and featurettes
- Mickey Mouse made his debut in Steamboat Willie on 18th November 1928 which was the first cartoon to air with synchronised sound
- Walt Disney himself provided Mickey Mouse’s voice until 1946 when Jim McDonald took over. Jim voiced Mickey Mouse for 30 years
- Mickey Mouse is uncle to two nephews, Morty and Ferdy Mouse who appear with him in Mickey’s Steam Roller in 1934
- Mickey was the first cartoon character to be honoured on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and he also made two special appearances on the Academy Awards
- The exciting Disney Channel series of animated Mickey Shorts which feature the endearing and comedic antics of Mickey Mouse drawn in his classic animated style, as he journeys to different countries around the world, including Germany, Japan and Italy, are currently airing in their 3rd season
- The original Mickey Mouse watch was manufactured by Disney’s first-ever licensee, Ingersoll in 1933. These early watches have since become some of the most sought-after Disney collectables
- In August 2011 high-end Haute Couture jewellers Chopard launched a Mickey Mouse-inspired collection that included watches, necklaces, rings and bracelets. To date, designers such as Castlebajac, Dolce & Gabbana and Tommy Hilfiger have all collaborated with Disney on clothing ranges inspired by Mickey Mouse
- In February 2014, British artist Damien Hirst created a Mickey Mouse-inspired piece of art as part of a ‘Spot collection’ which was auctioned for charity by Christie’s in London
- Mickey has starred in several video games, such as the Kingdom Hearts series, as well as the Epic Mickey games where he appeared alongside Oswald the Rabbit. Fans can also download the popular apps LINE: Disney Tsum Tsum, Disney Emoji Blitz and Disney Crossy Road, an all-new take on the 8-bit endless adventure to cross the road without splatting (both available on iOS, Android & Web)
Retailers can obtain supply of Mickey Mouse merchandise at trade price for soft toys, gifts and more at Baby Brands Direct. Collector items include trinkets in both Mickey and Minnie that are particularly ideal items to offer during this festive period. The wholesale range also includes limited edition ‘original’ Mickey and Minnie Mouse Teddy Bears that can be offered for avid fans. There are also extra large teddies, door jumpers, gifting photo frames and photo albums, pretty keepsakes boxes and 2 handle ceramic mugs and resin money banks to plush gyms.
Enjoy the celebrations and beautiful Disney product available during this extra special anniversary and festive time of the year. Login to view prices, volume discounts and place orders with a quick dispatch or apply for a trade account here.