The concept of a basket to carry and cradle a new born baby has been around since atleast the time of the Bible with reference there to Jochebed who made a basket made of reeds for her son in order to leave him on the river bed in an attempt to save him from the Pharaoh’s order to kill all first born male babies.
Between 1992-2006, a studied in the USA revealed that more than 45% off all babies within the country used a bassinet under the age of 2 months of age. The majority of these bassinets have been traditionally styled moses baskets which are known for being lightweight and ideal for being left on the floor or used with a stand to reduce back strain when tending to baby.
The Sleepee range by Tommee Tippee is a modern reinvention of the traditional bassinet addressing some of the draw backs of traditional wicker fabricated baskets such as: rustling noise, handles falling down, cleaning and air flow concerns, whilst maintaining its attributes.
The key specifications of the Sleepee Basket are:
- The basket is easy to clean and maintain. The entire bassinet can be washed and cleaned with warm soapy water.
- The Sleepee comes with a water-resistant mattress cover which can be both wiped clean and is machine washable
- It also comes with a 100% cotton mattress liner that is machine washable.
- Approved by the The Lullaby Trust (sleep experts) the basket has over 300 air holes spread along its side and base that allow a maximum airflow to baby helping to regulate baby’s temperature and allow breathability.
- It’s strong integrated upright handles ensure its easily to grip and portable whilst being noise free
- The item can be used from birth up to 6months or under the weight of 9kg/20lbs and cannot sit up, roll or push onto their hands and knees unaided
The item is also available with a stand (all packed into one box for easy home deliveries or collections). The stand can be kept in a stationary position or used to gently rock baby. It is ideal for having the option of having baby close to the bed or sofa and also for attending to baby with less back strain.
The Tommee Tippee expansion into nursery room products follows the same colour palette as the Twist and Click nappy disposal range in gentle pinks, mints and light grey/white mix. The full collection of Tommee Tippee products is available to independent businesses through Baby Brands Direct. A multi award winning distributor of leading brands, the online portal allows businesses to be in complete control or order processing, status, tracking, accounts and more. Log in here or apply for an account here.