Industry experts under
It’s Tommee Tippee time! This week, we’re speaking to Lisa Prentice; the lively, passionate and engaging Independent Sales Administrator from Tommee Tippee. She takes us on a walk through the Tommee Tippee backbone and provides us with a real insight into the DNA of Tommee Tippeeemployees. Working with both the customer service and sales team, Lisa acts as a key cog in the Tommee Tippee machine.
We talk through what makes Tommee Tippee a great supplier at Baby Brands Direct, her favourite products and the developments in the industry Lisa hopes to see; after all, with the limitless world of ecommerce, anything is possible.
What makes Tommee Tippee a valued supplier?
- Not to blow our own trumpet but as the number one baby feeding accessories brand in the UK and one of the top brands of infant products and accessories in the global market, we’re a pretty big player! We may be a big global company but we’re a down to earth bunch and value every relationship along the channel from suppliers, wholesalers, distributors, retailers and of course mums!
What is your favourite product from the Tommee Tippee product range and why?
The iconic Tommee Tippee feeding bottle. It’s loved by mums and babies around the world and thanks to our innovations team, we’re constantly refreshing with the latest trend setting colours and designs – so it never gets boring!
What does your role entail at Tommee Tippee?
- I am part of the UK Customer Services and Sales Administration team. I look after various accounts in the UK as well as looking after Republic of Ireland. I not only deal with orders and all other customer day to day needs but provide sales, marketing and product support and also training if needed’
What ‘special something’ does Tommee Tippee have that sets it apart from its major industry competitors?
That would be the award winning perfect prep machine! The closer to nature® perfect prep machine makes a fresh bottle at just the right serving temperature in less than 2 minutes and is a one of a kind in the market. The following comments sum up mum’s view:
’One of the best inventions a company has ever come up with!’ @beesley_hannah
‘It has got to be, hands down, the best invention for bottle fed babies’ @charliejamesmum
- UK Superbrand 2014
- 7 x Loved By Parents 2014 Awards
- 2 x Mumsnet Best Awards 2014
- Best Feeding Brand – Nursery Industry Awards 2013
- Global Angels Business Game Changer – November 13
…And many more…:)
How many Facebook fans/Twitter followers do Tommee Tippee have?
- 78.7k facebook fans, 11k twitter followers and 1.1k Instagram followers
Do your products have any medical authority, endorsement or research behind them?
- We work closely with our top experts (mums) to ensure all our products are specifically designed to make life easier for parents and their little ones.
Have any Tommee Tippee products been spotted in use by celebs?
- Prince George was spotted using our essentials cup last year!
What is exciting you the most about the industry right now in 2015?
- The nursery market is a highly competitive one. Even though we’re number 1 feeding brand, we’re constantly kept on our toes by not only our closest competition but also the smaller innovative start-ups. It’s a fast paced game!
How long have you been working in the industry?
- 9 fun filled years and counting!
How have the developments in the ecommerce industry impacted the baby retail sector in your opinion?
- We’re seeing a large increase of consumers moving to the online space to carry out their baby accessory shopping. The rise of social media has also created a more transparent marketplace, making us fully aware of the latest consumer’s thoughts and feelings, thus allowing us to better develop and innovate our product range.
What is it that keeps you driven and sparks your interest in the nursery industry?
- The constant realisation that our products are loved by parents and babies all over the world. There’s nothing better than sitting on the train and watching a mum happily feed her baby with a Tommee Tippee bottle! That always puts a smile on my face J
Are there any developments you would like to see in the industry that haven’t quite happened yet?
- The trend of wearable technology and the ‘internet of things’ hasn’t taken the industry by storm yet. In the near future we hope to harness this technological movement to create more brilliant time-saving products, leaving mum with more fun-time with baby!
You (yes you, Lisa!)
Coca Cola or Pepsi?
- Without a doubt it has to be Coca Cola, I can’t bear any imitations!
What would you do if you won the lottery (Think the big bucks)?
- Honestly….I would buy a huge plot of land in Spain….build a farmhouse and kennels (luxury ones of course) and I would spend my days rescuing all of the unwanted and abandoned dogs over there!
What is the strangest thing you believed in as a child?
- When I was young I thought Babycham was for children…….!
If you got to have one superpower, what would it be and why?
- This is a hard one….I think it would have to be either ‘flying’ as I could go anywhere at any time…..or ‘mind control’ because I could have loads of fun with that!
What was your favourite toy as a kid?
- Easy….Lego! In fact I still love playing with it now…with the kids of course!