Medela Nipple Formers 2Pk
- About Product
Product code : MDL-ACC01
If you have inverted or flat nipples, our nipple formers can prepare them for breastfeeding and help your baby latch on.
Medela Nipple Formers are a non-invasive way to help women with inverted or flat nipples breastfeed comfortably and successfully.
- Breastfeeding with inverted nipples or flat nipples - If you have inverted or flat nipples, breastfeeding may be more challenging, but it’s certainly not impossible! Some babies can struggle to latch on to flat nipples, causing nipple soreness. In addition, an inverted or flat nipple might not reach the roof of your baby’s mouth, which means that the sucking reflex may not be triggered. But remember, many women with these types of nipples have no breastfeeding problems at all. In fact, you may find that as your breasts change during pregnancy, your nipples become more prominent anyway. However, if this isn’t the case, you may want to try nipple formers.
- How do Medela nipple formers work? - Nipple formers apply gentle pressure on the areola (the circle of darker-coloured skin around the nipple), which can help to gradually draw out a flat or inverted nipple.
- When can I start using nipple formers? - You can start to use nipple formers during pregnancy, from about 32 weeks onwards. However, if you have a medical condition known as an incompetent (weakened) cervix or have been told your baby may be born prematurely, speak to your healthcare professional before using nipple formers, as nipple stimulation may bring on contractions. Begin by wearing nipple formers for one hour a day and gradually increase to around eight hours per day. If necessary, you can continue wearing them after your baby’s birth, between feeds (for 30 minutes to an hour before breastfeeding). However, avoid wearing them at night, to prevent tender nipples developing.
- A non-invasive method to prepare flat or inverted nipples for breastfeeding
- Soft silicone backs for a snug, comfortable fit
- Supple membrane feels soft on your skin
- Vented fronts to allow air circulation
- Gentle pressure can help shape inverted or flat nipples to prepare them for breastfeeding
- Low-profile design guarantees a natural appearance under clothes
- Contoured for less visibility through clothing
- One size fits all mums
- 100% Bisphenol-A free